Cauliflower pizza crust has been all the rage this past year. As a low-carb alternative to pizza and a delicious way to get a dose of veggies, cauliflower is transformed into something completely new. If I told you this recipe will taste exactly like your favorite take-out pizza I would be lying, but in terms of cauliflower crusts, this recipe is by far the best. Learn some of the health benefits of cauliflower by checking out Dr. Axe website.
Perfect Cauliflower Crust
2 pounds (about 1 large head) of riced cauliflower
1/3 cup soft goat cheese
1 teaspoon Italian herb blend
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add riced cauliflower to a large microwave safe bowl with 4 tablespoons of water. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes, removing from microwave to stir every 2-3 minutes, until the cauliflower has become slightly opaque.
- Lay out a dish towel or cheese cloth. Once the cauliflower has cooled enough to handle, transfer the cauliflower to the cheesecloth. Wrap the cauliflower in the cheesecloth, hold over the sink, and squeeze all of the water out of the cauliflower. Use your muscles! The drier the riced cauliflower is, the firmer the crust will be.
- Once all water is squeezed out of the cauliflower, return to the bowl and combine with the egg, goat cheese, herbs, garlic, and salt. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Prepare 2 sheet pans by lining with parchment paper. Divide the cauliflower mixture in half, and place each half on its own sheet pan. Spread the cauliflower out with your hands and form the edges to be uniform and round. Continue spreading until the crust is 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake the crusts for 20-25 minutes, until the crusts are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add desired toppings. Bake for 5-10 minutes more until cheese is melted and toppings are browned.